Learn How to Drive Safely on Those Winter Roads
Winter is just around the corner. Driving on wet, icy, or snowy roads can be dangerous. When a big storm hits, your best bet is to just stay home. But if you must venture out, remember these tips to get you there safely.
- Make sure your car’s battery, tires, brakes, belts, and wipers are in tip-top shape, and fill the washer reservoir with antifreeze.
- Allow enough time to get to your destination, and plan for delays.
- Keep your gas tank full.
- A highway speed of 65 may be safe in dry weather, but can be dangerous on snow and ice.
- Watch for black ice, a thin layer of ice that is not always visible, on bridges and overpasses.
- Remember that visibility may be limited in a snowstorm, so slow down and allow ample room between you and the vehicles ahead of you.
- Avoid sudden braking.
- If you begin to skid, don’t hit the brakes right away. Try not to panic, ease off the accelerator, and steer slightly into the direction of the skid until you regain control.
Whether its money, pet care, or traveling tips, we have all the information you need right here at Communities at Arbor Vista Apartments in Adelphi, Maryland. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips!